Saturday, August 20, 2011

A New Year

We prayerfully decided to send the boys to Archway Classical for school this year, which meant Eli was leaving the school he has been at (and loved) for the last 2 years. This was an agonizing decision for me. Thankfully by the time school came around God had quieted my "mom worries" and given me peace. I am also SO SO SO thankful how God prepared Eli's heart. He never cried, never asked about his old school, just charged forward. That was grace in both our lives. Archway is very different then the school he was at, much bigger, and I think it has taken a little time to get used too. We also started the school knowing no one at the school (that changed, such a praise!) and so Eli was definitely nervous, though he didn't say he was. The first day I watched him walk to his class, and he kept walking and kept turning his head to look at me, each time his eyes looking more scared- ahh my heart was breaking, of course I teared up, but not till he left. Before we left for school he told me the first day, I am not nervous just excited. How strong is this kid?!! God is good. SO we are two weeks in. I think he is adjusting well. Crossroads isn't out of his mind, I think it will take a while to get used to the bigness of the school, but he is doing SO well. He has made some friends (SO Thankful), apparently football is the universal language for 2nd graders. He has already been invited to a birthday party and has been given a phone number (insert my big eyes) from a little boy. One day he told me, "I just learn and learn and learn, I'm just learning all day long!" To funny. They have tons of extra curricular activities, I think those are his favorite, spanish, latin, art, pe, and his teacher is crazy about science and he LOVES that. Yesterday before school he was praying and he thanked God, "for his great school, and his new friends, and was thankful God would let him go to this school". Yeah, I started tearing up. God's grace! SO thankful.

Isn't he so Handsome??!!
They LOVE going to school together! Eli can't wait for TJ to be there durning lunch time

Meet the teacher.


1 comment:

  1. Glad the transition is going well for Troy...I mean Eli...it is so crazy how much he looks like Troy. I am sure that is very hard. It is going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete