Saturday, August 20, 2011

The BEST Surprise EVER

TJ IS IN KINDERGARTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My beautiful, sweet, brown eyed, kind-of quiet son is in Kindergarten! I miss having him at home for sure, but I did keep him home a year longer then most (all if you ask him) of his friends his age so I can't complain to much about him being gone. But I was very prayerful about TJ, just that he would adjust and not be nervous, new things, doing things by himself isn't normally his thing. You can't imagine how GREAT he is doing! SO THANKFUL. He doesn't like school he LOVES it. His face, his demeanor is different, it's like he is standing a little taller. He was so ready for Kindergarten he is feeling such success with the school work (something I was nervous about for him) he often tells me he finishes his math papers first and it is "super easy" for him. He also started playing "hoops" and he can score "EVEN on the high one". LOVE this. He has made friends, he says his "best school friend is Thomas", but I have to say when I pick him up he's high five-ing and getting lots of goodbyes. :) Thomas and TJ are always together though. They had an all school swim party and TJ just went off and was playing with kids from school, having so much fun, so independent and confident. He loves art, math and LOVES music. They taught him 'America the Beautiful' and he is singing it all the time.
Great TJ quotes:
- One morning when I woke him up for school (waking up for school is ALL of our least favorite part ) he exclaims, "YOU signed me up for the EVERY DAY school!) Yes buddy I did.
- His first day of music he learned a little, like hello song, and he was SO EXCITED to sing it for me. And then he told me, "after music, while I was in my class, I kept singing the song quietly to myself all day because I wanted to remember it because I knew you would want me to sing it to you". I could have died right there, does it get any sweeter???!!
- In there classes they have 2 teachers and his aide is from Hungary. So he gets in the car and tells me he has learned a word in "atlantis". Hmmm, German? no. Hungarian? nope. Spanish? NO atlantis. The word is "e-ta" and it means "go". So one week later I find out it's... wait for it... latin. SO funny, and really for two reasons, one because he called it atlantis and two because I clearly know no latin and couldn't put it together. Lucky him he has me to help him with his homework.
I am so thankful that God has been so kind to us and specifically to TJ that he loves school so much and it has been a blessing to him. His stories are priceless and I love seeing Kindergarten thru his eyes. He is doing so well (another praise) learning and succeeding so well.

All lined up. When he started walking he never looked back. So strong :)
AD-OR-ABLE!!!!

Meet the teacher. He was nervous and didn't really want to take a picture.


2 comments:

  1. Sooooo loved getting to see TJ his first few days of school! It was awesome. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of TJ! Such a huge praise that he is loving it so much! He looks so handsome in that school uniform.

    ReplyDelete