Friday, July 8, 2011

ALASKA 2011

We are home from our annual summer trip to Alaska. We had SUCH a great time. I don't know how to recap over 2 weeks of fun. These trips with the AK Johnson's is a highlight during the year, and our whole family looks forward to it. We hike, play, laugh and eat. It is so fun and so relaxing! When we came home last night Troy was saying that he feel like their home is our home, so relaxed and comfortable there (100% due to April who is the most gracious host and SO hospitable) and we get to hang out with some of our favorite people.
So this year I did a HORRIBLE job of taking pictures. When I get some pictures from April I will add more. But here is my best. Not great for sure. I will step it up next year! Last year was our first year and so we jammed the weeks packed with seeing Alaska. This year I felt like was a lot more hanging out, much slower paced and lots of quality time. Super fun!

Highlights:
- Clay Clay's monster hugs
- Alaska Deb, and Roy
- Seeing the Alaska trifecta
- Homer
- Disappearing Husbands (well makes for a good story)
- Hiking Aleska
- Cats in Strollers
- Dairy Queen, RIP Soldotna Dairy Queen
- Bald Eagles
- Bad movies
- Beating Super Mario Bros, world 8 in ONE day!
- Champagne
- Laughing Laughing Laughing
- Webkinz twins
- Best buddies
- Alaska Logey
- Nertz
- Quirkle
- Fourth of July Party
- Bike Rides
- GREAT food!
- TJ's birthday

We had SO much fun!! I can't write every funny story or memorable moment. It was just to much fun! Thank you Clayton and April, we have SO much fun with you guys and Kara and Clay. Thank you for letting us come and being so hospitable to us, you guys are so much fun!

A day trip to Eagle Camp Ground. It was super fun, lots of boys running around, throwing rocks in the river, smores, fire, bike rides, and seeing a moose. April and I were set up at the "camp site" the kids were running/biking around, the come running up saying they saw a moose and wanted to show it to us. We start to follow them for like 5 minutes! they were SO SO far away, didn't realize it! Learning to let go... deep breaths.

Alaska Deb:


How much does he look like his Daddy here! Crazy! and SO handsome
These two loved the fire! Shocking I'm sure.


The moose:
The "camping" gang:
I think Logan loves his Aunt April more then me. He LOVE LOVES LOVES Clayton and April!

Hiking Mt. Bald-y. Not sure on the spelling. Very fun and warm day. Our first hike this trip. Mike and Ryan came with us and it was super fun. On the way down Logan ran ahead and we (well not me, I stayed back with Mario and Luigi aka TJ and Clay who were taking there time) and was found by some stranger's car, just chatting it up. Ahh this kid. He kills me.

At the top, check out Clayton then wait for it....
Check out Eli! These two are two peas in the same first born pod. Cracks me up!



Pictures from our road trip to Homer! SUPER fun! Great trip, hanging out with their friends, great food and lots of fun!

Can you tell how BEAUTIFUL!!!


Throwing rocks in the ocean is fun in 80 degrees and 50 degrees

We went down there for the big boys to fish. They slept overnight on that boat. The fishing crew.

Our handsome husbands


Love this picture!

Can you tell how HAPPY TJ was to celebrate with his cousins! He loved being with them. I love how he looks like he is glowing!
Bald eagles are like seagulls in this town. Crazy. This one is for Matt. The mama eagle perched over her "baby" eagles in the nest. haha

One day we drove to Palmer and hiked Hatchers Pass with Miss Crispy and Ryan and Owen. April and I did this last year and I really wanted Troy to see it. It is beautiful and it is a cool old mine and lake. There was snow. Yes Eli eventually went in.

Cute kids starting out on our trip :)


Logey I took this picture last year too. Hate to see them grow up! But he so stinkin cute!
Deb loved Aunt April. Who she called Mommy most of the trip and definitely preferred her over me.
L.O.V.E. T.H.I.S. B.O.Y.
Eli and Ryan
Another picture from the year prior


We love this family!!!!
Doesn't my hair look amazing when I hike!??! It was Sunday after church ;) not how I normally looked, FOR SURE!
Sweet Owen

The only two GIRL cousins. Evie loved being with Kara and Kara was so sweet to her. Kara is going to be a flower girl next month and she told me she thinks in the next wedding she is in she will be a bridesmaid. Then she told me Evie could be a bridesmaid in her wedding. I hope they get to be sweet friends and in each others lives A LOT! They will be bridesmaids before we know it! sniff sniff








5 comments:

  1. I love all the smiles, and especially sweet TJ! He looks like he was having the TIME OF HIS LIFE!!! And the story about Logey chattin' it up...that is awesome and made me LOL ;) I'm so glad you had such a great time! yay for memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you got a lot of GREAT pics! Alaska is so beautiful and I'm glad you got to spend it with sweet family! 16 days is too long for me...glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 weeks went by in a flash. Our house is way too quiet after nearly a month of cousins in the last 6 weeks. Good thing we're heading your way in a few. You were kind not to mention the failed salmon outings!! It aint' going to happen. There, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and pics! Glad it was such a fun trip - don't know how it couldn't be! Can't wait to hear about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horrible job at pictures? What? These are great pictures and I loved reading the posts. Your time in AK is special and the posts and photos show it. Love seeing all these kiddos grow!

    ReplyDelete